The September 2nd, 2019 edition of WWE RAW took place at the Royal Farms Arena in Baltimore, MD.
– One half of the RAW Tag Team Champions, Braun Strowman, comes out to the ring to kick off tonight’s show. The ring is set up with carpet, chairs and a table, for a contract signing. The other RAW Tag Team Champion, and Universal Champion, Seth Rollins, comes out to the ring next for the contract signing for their Clash Of Champions match. Michael Cole joins them in the ring for an interview. Braun and Seth briefly exchange words about their plans for Clash of Champions. Seth says he slayed The Beast to get his Title, something Braun couldn’t do, and next he’s going to slay a Monster. Braun is about to sign on the dotted line, but then U.S. Champion AJ Styles comes out to interrupt, with Gallows and Anderson by his side. AJ says he’s the one who deserves a Universal Title shot, and Gallows and Anderson are the ones who deserve Tag Title shots. AJ says if they don’t get what they want, no one will get what they want, and they storm the ring. They start brawling with Rollins and Strowman, but Rollins and Strowman get the upper hand and clear the ring as we go to commercial.
– Seth Rollins & Braun Strowman vs. Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows: AJ Styles is at ringside for this one. Rollins starts off strong against Anderson, and then Anderson tags in. Anderson starts overpowering Seth, so Braun tags himself in. Braun and Gallows lock up, and then they trade strikes. Anderson and Rollins tag back in, and Rollins takes him down with an arm drag. Anderson fights back and they trade shots in the corner now. Rollins hangs Anderson upside down in the corner and puts the boots to him, and then covers for a two count. Gallows tags back in and trade strikes with Rollins now. Rollins looks for a shot off the top, but Gallows knocks him out of mid-air with an uppercut. Anderson tags back in and starts working over Rollins’ shoulder. Gallows tags back in for the double team, and he hits him with a big boot to the face. AJ hits a cheap shot on Rollins at ringside, but the ref apparently didn’t see it. Back in the ring, Anderson and Gallows take turns beating on Rollins, until Braun gets the hot tag. Braun cleans house until he misses a shot in the corner and hits the ring post. Seth tags himself in and drops Anderson with a kick. AJ distracts Seth from the apron and Anderson rolls him up from behind. Seth reverses the pin attempt into a pin of his own for the three count.
Winners: Seth Rollins and Braun Strowman
– After the match, AJ attacks Seth, but Seth gets the upper hand and dumps AJ out to ringside. Seth then hits a suicide dive on Seth. Braun runs around the ring and shoulder tackles Anderson and Gallows. Braun looks to shoulder tackle AJ, but he accidentally hits Seth instead. Dolph Ziggler and Robet Roode then come out and attack Braun and Seth from behind. This turns into a five-on-one beat-down on Braun and Seth.
– Cedric Alexander is backstage for an interview after the melee in the ring settles down. AJ, Gallows and Anderson ambush Cedric almost immediately and beat him down. They leave, and Cedric is on the ground selling a knee injury.
– Bobby Roode & Dolph Ziggler vs. Hawkins & Ryder: Hawkins and Ryder double team Ziggler early on for a two count. Ziggler starts to fight back, but Hawkins drops him with a neckbreaker. Roode tags himself in and blindsides Hawkins, then beats him down. Ryder gets the tag and drops Roode with a missile dropkick. Ryder looks for the Rough Ryder, but Roode dodges it. Hawkins tags himself in for the double team, and they hit a Samoan Drop/neckbreaker combo, but Ziggler breaks up the pin attempt. Ziggler dumps Ryder outside, and then superkicks Hawkins. Roode hits the Glorious DDT on Hawkins for the three count.
Winners: Roode & Ziggler
– Lacey Evans is shown backstage getting ready to come out for her match with Natalya.
– Lacey Evans vs. Natalya: Natalya ambushes Lacey before the match and shoulder tackles her on the ringside floor. They get in the ring and the opening bell sounds, and Natalya starts off strong in the opening moments. Natalya slams Lacey down, then runs over her and hits the running dropkick for a two count. The fight spills out to ringside and Natalya slams Lacey into the fan barricade. Lacey fights back and puts Natalya in a chin lock in the ring. Lacey starts working over Natalya’s shoulder. Natalya fights back with a discus clothesline, and they trade some strikes now. Lacey throws something in Natalya’s face to distract her, then punches her in the face for the three count.
Winner: Lacey Evans
– Still to come: Rey Mysterio returns to RAW.
– We see Becky Lynch backstage watching towards the Gorilla position.
– After he break, RAW Women’s Champion Becky Lynch comes out to the ring and gets on the mic. Becky cuts a promo on Sasha Banks, and says Sasha is full of crap. Sasha comes out to interrupt and says she is the one who was supposed to be headlining WrestleMania and being on all the magazine covers and making all the money. Sasha says Becky got all of that because Nia Jax broke her nose and made people care about her. Sasha challenges Becky for a Title match at Clash of Champions, and Becky accepts.
– We briefly cut to the Street Profits backstage, who are at a loss for words at what just happened with Sasha and Becky.
– Still to come: A new edition of the Firefly Fun House.
– Baron Corbin vs. Cedric Alexander: We see a pre-taped promo from Corbin before the match, talking about his intentions to win the King Of The Ring tournament. Cedric is selling a shoulder injury from his beat-down earlier tonight, and Corbin takes control in the opening moments of this one. Cedric fights back with a dropkick and a springboard spinning kick, and Corbin rolls outside for a breather. Cedric follows up with a dive through the ropes on Corbin at ringside. Back in the ring, Corbin fights back and continues working over Cedric’s back shoulder. Cedric fights back and looks for a springboard back elbow, but Corbin catches him and hits a spinebuster for a two count. Cedric fights back again and looks for another springboard move, but Corbin catches him and hits the Deep Six. Corbin pins for another two count. Corbin misses a shot in the corner and Cedric knocks him out to ringside. Cedric follows up with a big suicide dive on Corbin on the floor. Back in the ring, Cedric hits a missile dropkick off the top for a two count. Cedric follows up with a Michinoku Driver for another two count. Cedric goes up top, but Corbin catches him and hits the End of Days. Corbin now advances in the King Of The Ring tournament.
Winner: Baron Corbin
– The Viking Raiders are shown backstage getting ready to come out for their match.
– The Viking Raiders vs. Enhancement talent: The jobbers, named Bryan and Thomas, cut a brief promo before the match. The Raiders quickly chase the jobbers out of the ring and beat them down at ringside. The raiders double team Bryan in the ring for the three count after a very short squash match.
Winners: The Viking Raiders
– Sasha Banks is backstage for a brief interview, but instead of answering the first question, she yells at the interviewer to get out of her face.
– Samoa Joe comes out to the ring to cut a brief promo before his King Of The Ring tournament match against Ricochet tonight. Joe says “King Joe” has a good ring to it.
– Samoa Joe vs. Ricochet: We see a pre-taped promo from Ricochet before the match. The opening bell sounds and Joe starts off strong in the opening moments of this one. Joe starts working over Ricochet‘s left knee. Joe misses a shot and Ricochet dumps him out to ringside then kicks him from the apron. Ricochet leaps on the fan barricade and hits a moonsault on Joe on the floor. Back in the ring, Joe hits another shot to the knee of Ricochet, then he applies a half Boston crab. Ricochet grabs the ropes to break the hold. Joe hits a side suplex on Ricochet, then he takes things out to ringside where he slams Ricochet into the fan barricade. Back in the ring, Ricochet fights back with a series of strikes and a hurricanrana. Ricochet hits a standing shooting star press for a two count. Baron Corbin is shown backstage watching on a monitor, as he will face the winner of this match. Ricochet continues the offense, then goes to the top rope. Joe gets up and stops Ricochet on the post, and turns him around. Joe climbs and puts Ricochet in the Coquina Clutch on the turnbuckle. Ricochet kicks off the turnbuckle and they both fall down to the mat. They both have an arm laying on their downed opponent next to them, and so the referee counts three. The ref rolls out of the ring and gets on the headset and talks to someone about the pin. The ref declares the match is over, and they will declare a ruling soon. The ref heads to the backstasge arena, and Joe takes the opportunity to drop Ricochet with a right hand. Joe appears to be bleeding from the bridge of his nose. Joe takes Ricochet back in the ring, but Ricochet drops him with a kick, and Joe rolls outside.
– The broadcast team wonders who will be declared winner of the match, and if this means that both men will advance.
– Braun Strowman approaches Seth Rollins backstage, and mentions that Stone Cold Steve Austin will be moderating their contract signing next week. Braun says Stone Cold is a big fan of Seth, and Braun is worried he won’t get a fair shake. Seth says they got jumped by five guys tonight, and Braun shouldn’t be worried about Stone Cold.
– It’s time for the latest edition of Bray Wyatt’s Firefly Fun House. The topic of tonight’s how is Finn Balor. Bray says what The Fiend did to Bray was very rude, and he’s sorry. The Vince McMahon puppet appears and tells Bray that he shouldn’t dare challenge Braun or Seth to a match at Hell In A Cell. The Vince puppet gets mad, until Bray pulls out a stack of hundred dollar bills and tells Vince he’s been making some money. Bray feeds the Vince puppet some money, and the Vince puppet leaves. Bray says he’ll see them in Hell, and to “let him in,” as he morphs into The Fiend in front of our eyes.
– Referee John Cone is backstage for an interview about the finish of the Ricochet vs. Samoa Joe match. Baron Corbin joins and says they should both be out. Cone says that WWE management has decided that Ricochet and Samoa Joe both advance in the tournament, and Corbin will have to face them both next week in a Triple Threat match.
– Rey Mysterio is backstage for an interview with Charly Caruso. Rey talks about his son convincing him to not retire yet, and says he’s doing this for his son.
– Cesaro vs. The Miz: Cesaro starts off with a running European uppercut on Miz right off the opening bell. They brawl around ringside, and then back in the ring The Miz turns it around. The Miz hits a series of kicks, until Cesaro ducks one and drops Miz with a clothesline. They fight in the corner, and then Cesaro hits a superplex for a two count. Cesaro misses a shot, and Miz comes back with a DDT for a two count of his own. The Miz hits a series of kicks and running knee strikes in the corner. Cesaro blocks a shot with a European Uppercut for a two count. Cesaro looks for the Neutralizer, but Miz escapes. Cesaro looks for The Swing, but Miz fights out of that too. After a series of roll-ups and reversal, Miz and Cesaro get to their feet and trade strikes. The Miz hits the Skull Crushing Finale out of nowhere for the three count.
Winner: The Miz
– Bayley & Becky Lynch vs. Nikki Cross & Alexa Bliss: This one is a non-Title match. Bayley controls the opening moments of this one against Nikki. Sasha Banks comes out to the stage to interrupt this match early on. Sasha comes out to ringside for a closer view. The distraction leads to Nikki and Alexa turning things around, and they start taking turns beating on Bayley in their corner now. Becky finally gets the hot tag and cleans house. Becky hits a flying leg drop off the turnbuckle on Alexa, and then a suplex on Nikki. Becky starts to beat on both Alexa and Nikki in the corner, until Sasha Banks hits the ring and attacks Becky from behind. The ref calls for the bell.
– After the bell, Sasha grabs a steel chair from ringside and brings it in the ring. Sasha starts beating on Becky with the steel chair, until Bayley runs in and stops her. Bayley takes the steel chair from Sasha and they have a brief stare-down. Bayley smiles, and then starts nailing Becky with the steel chair. Bayley repeatedly hits Becky with the steel chair as RAW goes off the air.