Bron Breakker wanted Oba Femi in Buffalo on Monday night. Paul Heyman would not let him have it, and gave him Sunday Night’s Main Event instead.
Breakker called Femi out on RAW from the KeyBank Center and demanded Heyman say plainly who he thinks is the future of the company. Femi came out and told him the question had already been answered.
He knows, Bron knows it, the fans know it and so did Brock Lesnar. If Bron has a problem, he can take it up with Oba anytime.
Breakker wanted it right there. Heyman stepped in front of him, warned him he was risking their alliance, and made the case for waiting.
When two main eventers are standing in the ring, you don’t do an impromptu match. You promote the match to be the biggest it can be.
He then revealed he had already been to Adam Pearce. Femi and Breakker will meet at Sunday Night’s Main Event on September 6 at State Farm Arena in Atlanta, with the future of WWE framing attached.
The friction is not going away before then. Heyman shook Femi’s hand on his way out, in front of Breakker, and told him it was good business.
This has been building for a fortnight. Lesnar named Femi the future after their Hell in a Cell match at SummerSlam, his last before retiring. Femi asked Heyman to pass on his thanks, and Heyman shook his hand then too. Breakker, watching his own manager respect someone else, has been asking for an answer ever since and not getting one.
It is the second match announced for the show, after Cody Rhodes and Randy Orton.
WWE Sunday Night’s Main Event takes place September 6, 2026, at 8:00 PM ET at State Farm Arena in Atlanta, Georgia.





