WWE Clash of Champions 2017 took place at the TD Garden Arena in Boston, MA on December 17th.
Clash Of Champions Kickoff Show results:
– Tonight’s Kickoff Show panel consists of Renee Young, Sam Roberts, and David Otunga. They welcome us to the TD Garden in Boston, and they begin running down the card for tonight’s show. We’ll have an interview with The New Day later, and fans can ask their questions with the #AskNewDay hashtag on Twitter.
– AJ Styles does an interview in the back where he talks about how he’ll defy the odds tonight with both Jinder and the Singh Brothers to deal with. Back to the pre-show panel, Sam and Dave predict AJ will retain against Jinder. For the U.S. Title match later, Sam predicts Roode will while, while Otunga picks Baron Corbin. Both predict that the Bludgeon Brothers will beat Breezango.
– Naomi does an interview backstage where she warns the Riott Squad to stay far away from her tonight. Carmella, Lana, and Tamina interrupt the interview. Tamina warns Naomi not to cross them. Ruby Riott, Sarah Logan and Liv Morgan all appear next and start arguing. Refs pull them apart and we go to break.
– The New Day does an interview in the back where they joke that they have their own pancake mix coming soon. They crack some jokes and cut a promo about their Fatal 4 Way match tonight. Back to the panel, Renee and Otunga pick The Usos to win that match tonight, and Sam picks Rusev Day.
– Mojo Rawley vs. Zack Ryder: Mojo has new entrance music, and Ryder’s music sounded a little different. Ryder starts off fired up and levels Mojo with a dropkick. Ryder takes the fight out to ringside and they brawl on the floor. Mojo whips Ryder into the LED board on the side of the ring. Back in the ring, Ryder hits a spinebuster and Mojo taunts Ryder. Mojo beats on Ryder in the corner now, then hits a splash for a 2 count. Ryder comes back with a knee strike then goes up top, but Mojo knocks him off and Ryder lands on the floor. They fight around the ring some more, then back in the ring Mojo stays in control. Ryder starts firing up and hits some strikes, then follows up with the BRoski Boot. Mojo kicks out at two, and turns it around with a running right hand to the face for the three count.
Winner: Mojo Rawley
– After the match, Mojo continues to talk trash to Ryder as he leaves.
Clash of Champions 2017 Results:
– We open up with a video package running down the history between tonight’s combatants.
– Baron Corbin (c) vs. Bobby Roode vs. Dolph Ziggler: Corbin’s U.S. Title is on the line in this one. The opening bell sounds and Roode and Ziggler start double teaming Corbin. They knock Corbin to the outside, then Roode and Ziggler start going at it in the ring. Ziggler knocks Roode outside, and Corbin drops Roode with a clothesline. Ziggler starts to come outside, but Corbin knocks him back with an uppercut. Corbin takes Roode inside and hits a splash on Roode in the corner. Corbin knocks Ziggler outside and follows him out, then rams him into the barricade. Corbin comes back in the ring and Roode starts firing up on him. Roode stuns Corbin with strikes then hits a Blockbuster off the middle rope for a two count. Corbin rolls outside, then Ziggler jumps on Roode from behind. Roode shakes him off and they start trading strikes. Ziggler kicks to the knee and hits a Fameasser, but Corbin breaks up the pin attempt. Corbin hits running splashes on Roode and Ziggler in opposite corners. Roode blocks one with a knee, then Roode drops Ziggler. Corbin comes back and hits the Deep Six on Roode for a two count. Corbin and Roode start fighting on the corner until Roode knocks him down. Ziggler runs up and grabs Roode, then Corbin comes up and throws them both down to the mat. Corbin attempts to pin both of them and gets two counts for both. Corbin gets dropped, then Ziggler starts working over Roode. Roode comes back and drops Ziggler with the Glorious DDT, but Corbin breaks up the pin. Corbin pulls Roode outside and hits the chokeslam backbreaker on the floor. He throws Roode in the ring and goes for the Deep Six, and while he has Roode in the air, Ziggler runs up and hits the Zig-Zag on Corbin. Ziggler immediately pins Corbin for the three count, and we have a new U.S. Champ.
Winner & new United States Champion: Dolph Ziggler
– Daniel Bryan is backstage complaining that his referee shirt is too big. Shane McMahon walks in and asks Bryan what he’s thinking when it comes to Owens and Zayn. Shane says he respects Bryan and that’s why he’s here, but why haven’t they gotten rid of those two guys yet? Bryan says he’s protecting Shane from himself. Bryan says they’ll both be in the ring tonight, which confuses Shane since usually one ref is inside and one is outside. Shane says he’ll go try to find a shirt that fit’s Bryan, then they’ll discuss the plan later. Shane then says “I’ll see you out there,” and walks off.
– Aiden English is in the ring and he introduces his partner Rusev. They get a huge “Rusev day” chant from the fans, and they crowd pops huge for Aiden’s “12 Days Of Rusev Day” song.
– The Usos (c) vs. The New Day vs. Rusev Day vs. Chad Gable & Shelton Benjamin: This one devolves into an all-out brawl between all of the competitors early on as the ref struggles to restore order. The fight spills outside where Kofi hits a suicide dive, and then Jimmy Uso hits one. Jey goes up top next, but Shelton runs up and hits a huge superplex into the ring with some serious distance. Big E runs in and drops Shelton, which begins the Unicorn Stampede on Benjamin. Kofi drops Rusev with a spinning heel kick, then he and Big E take turns dropkicking the others. Rusev drops Kofi with a superkick then throws Big E into the ring post, and now Big E is cleaning house. Gable gets the tag, and he and Benjamin double team Kofi. Benjamin comes back in now, and he and Rusev seem to agree to focus their offense on Kofi and Jimmy. Aiden tags in and starts double teaming Jimmy with Rusev. Gable and Shelton take turns suplexing and working over Kofi and Big E. More run-ins from the apron, and when the dust settles its down to Rusev and Gable. Rusev locks Gable in the Accolade until Rusev breaks it up. Big E goes for the Big Ending, but Rusev gets out and hits the big boot. Rusev with another Accolade, but Gable breaks it up and hits a German suplex on Rusev. Gable hits a German suplex on Aiden English next, then hits his roll-through German on Big E. Gable goes for the German on Jey, but Jimmy gets the bling tag and superkicks Gable. Another superkick, then Jey tags and hits the big splash off the top for the three count to win.
Winners & still Tag Team Champs: The Usos
– We see a video going over the history between Charlotte and Natalya, and the Women’s Championship. The Lumberjack match is up next!
– Charlotte (c) vs. Natalya: This one is a Lumberjack match for the Women’s Title, with Lana, and Tamina among the lumberjacks. Charlotte and Natalya are fairly evenly matched in the opening minutes. Flair hits some strikes followed by a neckbreaker and a big boot for a two count. Natalya counters a shot and drops Charlotte face-first into the turnbuckle. Lots of back and forth holds, but the fight spills out to ringside pretty early where the lumberjacks get involved. All of the lumberjacks now start brawling with each other, as the referee has given up on trying to keep order. Charlotte gets a beat-down by the lumberjacks at ringside until Naomi runs in the ring and hits a suicide dive onto everyone at ringside. Back in the ring, Natalya controls the next few moments and slows down the pace of the match. Natalya locks in the Sharpshooter but Flair gets a rope break. All hell breaks loose at ringside again with the lumberjacks, and everyone is brawling in front of the announce table. Natalya rolls Flair back into the ring during the commotion and goes for the Sharpshooter, but Charlotte kicks her down. Flair immediately goes into the Figure Eight for the win via submission.
Winner & still Women’s Champion: Charlotte
– We are introduced to all of WWE‘s foreign language announcers as the Fashion Police make their entrance.
– Tyler Breeze and Fandango vs. Eric Rowan & Luke Harper: The fight spills out to ringside early on where the Bludgeon Brothers dominate. Fandango tries to shove Rowan into the ring post but Rowan blocks it, and Harper turns Breeze inside out with a clothesline. They slam Breeze into the ring apron, then back in the ring they hit the double team chokeslam on Fandango for the win via three count. This one was short and one-sided.
Winners: Eric Rowan & Luke Harperr
– After the match, Harper and Rowan cut a promo in the ring saying they’re going to bring more pain and more fear. They repeat that they’re bringing the beginning of the end. Harper gives Rowan a friendly slap to the face, then they pose.
– Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn do an interview where Owens says The “Sami and Kevin Show” isn’t being cancelled any time soon. Sami brings up the “Yep movement.” The interviewer then asks what if they lose, and they’re fired from all of WWE. They silently stare at her and walk away after an awkward pause.
– Shane McMahon and Daniel Bryan come down to the ring separately in their referee shirts.
– Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn vs. Randy Orton and Shinsuke Nakamura: Both Daniel and Shane are in the ring to referee this one. Orton goes for a pin attempt on Sami early on, and both Shane and Daniel go down to count. They both count, not in-rhythm, and Zayn kicks out at two. Nakamura and Owens are in now and Nakamura takes control. Nakamura covers and the two refs once again count at different paces. Orton and Zayn are now back in and Owens hits a cheap shot on Orton. Zayn takes control and punishes Orton in the corner with elbows and chops. Zayn yells at Orton that he’s trying to take his job, and Orton shuts him up with a European uppercut. Owens tags in and drops Orton then hits some knees to the face. Zayn and Owens trade frequent tags now to control Orton. Orton finally hits a back suplex on Zayn and both men are down. Nakamura and Owens come in now and Nakamura drops him with a boot to the face. Nakamura tees off with more kicks on Owens, then some knees to him when he’s grounded. Nakamura takes a moment to knock Zayn off the apron, then hits a splash and some knees on Owens. Nakamura goes up top and Owens tries to powerbomb him off, but Nakamura latches on to him and puts him in a triangle choke. Shane and Daniel start arguing over a call, and Owens hits a superkick on Nakamura. Zayn tags in and charges at Nakamura, but Nakamura stops him with a boot to the face. Zayn comes back and hits a Blue Thunder Bomb on Nakamura. Owens tags back in and tehy double team Shinsuke. Owens goes for a Senton drop on Nakamura, but he puts the knees up to block it. Orton and Zayn tag in and Orton cleans house. Orton hits a fallaway slam on Zayn, then they fight up to the turnbuckle. Orton hits a superplex off the top, but then Owens pulls Orton outside and whips him into the steel steps. Nakamura comes outside and beats down Owens at ringside. Shane and Daniel try to restore order at ringside. Owens and Zayn put Nakamura on the announce table, and then Owens jumps off another table with a frog splash on Nakamura through the table. Back in the ring, Orton slams Zayn then hits the DDT off the middle rope. Orton waits for Zayn to get up, and then he hits the RKO. Shane starts counting, but then Owens shoves Daniel on top of Orton. Shane yells at Daniel, and Orton stares him down. Owens sneaks up but Orton hits the RKO on him. Sami and Orton trade rollup attempts, and Zayn eventually gets on top of Orton and Orton is down. Shane counts, but stops at two, and it’s unclear if Orton’s shoulders were up or not. Bryan and Shane start shoving each other. Sami rolls up Orton from behind again, and Daniel counts a very fast three count. Sami immediately rolls out of the ring and celebrates with Owens on the ramp, as they lead the crowd in a “yep” chant. Bryan rolls outside and has a stare-down with Shane in the ring. Orton and Nakamura are in the ring and they’re not happy.
– We see a video package showing notable WWE Champions over the last 50+ years. We fast forward to AJ beating Jinder for the WWE Title overseas. We see interview footage from both AJ and Jinder. Jinder says AJ got lucky. AJ says he goes about things the right way, and Jinder goes about things the wrong way. Jinder says he’ll regain his crown and throne tonight.
– AJ Styles (c) vs. Jinder Mahal: The Singh Brothers come out with Jinder saying that tonight Jinder will become a two-time Champion. The Singh Brothers whisper some strategy to Jinder after the opening bell, and the ref yells at them to get off the apron. Jinder and AJ lock up and Jinder repeatedly shoves AJ back into the corner. AJ comes back and starts working over Jinder’s knee. Jinder knocks AJ outside and starts beating the Champion all over ringside. Jinder throws AJ over the barricade, then takes him back in the ring for some knee drops. Jinder puts the boots to AJ and kicks him back out to ringside. Jinder picks up AJ and slams him on top of an announce table. Jinder controls the next few moments of the match. We’re told we’re going to see a replay of Jinder slamming AJ on the announce table, but we see a replace of him whipping him into the barricade instead. AJ gets in some shots on Jinder’s bad knee, but Jinder drops him and hits a running splash in the corner. Jinder goes to the middle rope and hits a flying karate chop to the top of AJ’s head. He goes for another one, but AJ dropkicks him out of the air. AJ starts firing up and goes for the Phenomenal Forearm, but Jinder knocks him off the rope and hits a gutbuster. Jinder takes AJ up top, but AJ fights him off and slams him. They trade strikes until AJ hits a splash in the corner. AJ hits a fireman’s carry neckbreaker for a two count. AJ goes for the Styles Clash, but Jinder gets out and slams him. Jinder picks up AJ, but AJ catches him and hits a Northern Lights suplex for a two count. AJ and Jinder trade kicks, then Jinder hits a version of the Samoan drop for a two count. Jinder continues the offense on AJ and attempts the Khallas, but AJ escapes and hits the Pele Kick. Jinder backs AJ into the corner and hits some shoulder strikes. Jinder throws AJ down and boots him in the face for a two count. Jinder takes AJ to the corner and tries to set up a top rope Khallas, but AJ gets out and hits another Pele Kick. AJ throws Jinder off the top rope, then he goes out to the apron. AJ hits the springboard 450 splash on Jinder. Before he can pin, the singh Brothers try pulling Jinder out to ringside. AJ nails the sings, and he hits a Styles Clash on one of them on the ringside floor. AJ gets back on the apron and goes for the Phenomenal Forearm, but Jinder dodges it. Jinder boots AJ in the back of the head, then hits the Khallas for a two count. Jinder goes to hit a Styles Clash of his own on AJ, but AJ escapes and locks the Calf Crusher on Jinder. Jinder struggles and taps out.
– AJ celebrates with his WWE Title belt in the ring as Jinder sells the leg injury at ringside as Clash of Champions goes off the air.