Ring of Honor has announced they have reached an agreement with current TV champion Shane Taylor to buyout the remaining portion of his contract. The promotion has stated they are currently in negotiations with Taylor for him to still defend the title on the September 27th Death Before Dishonor PPV. He is scheduled to defend against Flip Gordon and Tracy Williams on the show.
“Ring of Honor Wrestling and Shane Taylor have agreed to terms on a buyout of his contract, effective immediately,” ROH’s statement reads. “ROH is currently in negotiations with Taylor for him to make his advertised defense of the ROH World Television Title at the Death Before Dishonor pay-per-view on Sept. 27 in Las Vegas against Flip Gordon and Tracy Williams in a Triple Threat Match.”
Shane Taylor Leaving ROH?
Taylor now lists himself as the CEO of Shane Taylor Promotions on his Twitter bio. He sent out the following this weekend:
The lineup for Death Before Dishonor is below:
- Colt Cabana vs Marty Scurll
- PCO vs Kenny King
- Kelly Klein (c) vs Angelina Love – WOH title
- The Bouncers vs Silas Young & Vinnie Marseglia
- Shane Taylor (c) vs Flip Gordon vs Tracy Williams ***
- The Briscoes vs Bandido and Mark Haskins
- Jay Lethal vs Jonathan Gresham
- Matt Taven (c) vs Rush – ROH World TItle