Juice Robinson will challenge Jon Moxley for the IWGP United States championship Monday at King of Pro Wrestling. Moxley defeated Juice for the belt earlier this year but Juice avenged the loss on the final night of the G1 round-robin. With the head-to-head series between the two tied at one win a piece, Monday’s contest will be the rubber match.
Robinson spoke with NJPW1972.com ahead of his upcoming bout with Moxley.
I think the biggest thing is that now I really know what to expect from (Moxley). The first time, I’m not going to say I was comfortable, but I was on a bit of a roll. I’d beaten Baretta, Chase, Fale, I was confident and I felt I was on top of the mountain. Then here comes Moxley, he bites my face off and takes my title,” Moxley said during the interview.
“Then the G1, I played it a little smarter and he didn’t play it so smart, so I caught him there and beat him. Now it’s the rubber match, and the big difference is I know what to expect with him, and we both know what to expect from each other.”
The full interview with Juice can be read here.
“I think match wise this will be similar to the first one. It’ll be a fight. But this time I won’t jump off the entrance, because that just about broke my pelvis. In the end, I want to leave with the title, and he desperately wants to keep it away from me,” Juice continued.
King of Pro Wrestling 2019 Lineup, October 14th, 2019
- IWGP Heavyweight Championship
Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. SANADA
- G1 Contract
Kota Ibushi (G1 Contract Winner) vs EVIL
- IWGP United States Championship – No Disqualification
Jon Moxley (c) vs Juice Robinson
- IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship
Will Ospreay (c) vs. El Phantasmo
- Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Minoru Suzuki
- Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI vs. Jay White, KENTA & Yujiro Takahashi
- Tetsuya Naito, Shingo Takagi & BUSHI vs Zack Sabre Jr, Lance Archer & Taichi
- Hiroshi Tanahashi & Tomoaki Honma vs. Togi Makabe & Toru Yano
- Ryusuke Taguchi, SHO & YOH vs Yoshinobu Kanemaru, DOUKI, & El Desperado