Wednesday’s NXT TV saw Metalik and Lince Dorado make a surprise appearance on the Black and Yellow brand. The Lucha House Party members interrupted a promo by Legado del Fantasma.
This led to the two Raw stars facing Raul Mendoza and Joaquin Wilde in a tag team match. Metalik won this match for his team after dropping a big elbow on Mendoza and pinning him for the victory.
After the bout ended, the high flying star taunted Escobar with a mention around his waist referring to the Cruiserweight title. It was later confirmed that Gran Metalik will be returning to NXT next week to challenge for the championship
NXT New Year’s Evil Card
Five matches have been announced for NXT New Year’s Evil, hosted by Dexter Lumis:
- NXT Championship: Kyle O’Reilly vs. Finn Balor (c)
- NXT Cruiserweight Championship: Gran Metalik vs. Santos Escobar (c)
- Last Woman Standing Match: Rhea Ripley vs. Raquel Gonzalez
- Fight Pit: Tommaso Ciampa vs. Timothy Thatcher
- Singles Match: Karrion Kross with Scarlett vs. Damian Priest