Blake Monroe Main Roster In-Ring Debut Added to August 21 WWE SmackDown

ByMike ReichlinProfessional Wrestling Journalist

Blake Monroe will finally have her first match as a member of the WWE main roster on the August 21 episode of SmackDown, taking on Giulia in Toronto.

SmackDown General Manager Nick Aldis confirmed the matchup in a digital exclusive segment following the August 14 show. Aldis told Monroe that multiple women on the roster had complained about her habit of attacking people from behind, and that it was time for her to settle things in the ring instead.

Monroe pitched a WWE Women’s Championship match against Chelsea Green, but Aldis made clear she wouldn’t be picking her own opponent. Giulia then stepped forward and accepted the challenge herself.

Monroe made her official SmackDown arrival in June by attacking Giulia following her win over Kiana James, and has remained without a match since. Giulia, a former NXT Women’s Champion, is coming off a lopsided loss to Lash Legend in a Interim WWE Women’s Championship qualifier.

CM Punk Defends Undisputed Title In Main Event

The August 21 SmackDown airs live from Scotiabank Arena in Toronto and is headlined by CM Punk defending the Undisputed WWE Championship against Kevin Owens, a match set following a heated confrontation between the two earlier this month.

Owens, who returned at SummerSlam after 17 months out with a neck injury, earned the title opportunity by winning a Fatal Four-Way over Sami Zayn, Finn Balor and Gunther. He has said his family will be in Toronto to watch him challenge for the title in front of his home country.